Hi Sven,

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 04:19:45PM +0200, Sven Anderson wrote:
> Paolo Lucente, 17.07.2006 22:57:
> >> BTW.: AFAIK Netflow v9 also uses templates to define flows. What happens
> >> so far with a template and the according data, which contain flow keys
> >> that don't exists in the pmacct flow table? Are they dropped?
> >
> > No. They are processed. And you will be able to get access and account
> > the flow basing on all supported keys.
>
> I don't understand. Given, the Exporter sends Flows which contain the
> Field Type "MPLS_LABEL_1", for instance. What happens with those Flow
> Keys? They cannot end in the database tables, as these have a fixed column
> structure, an there is no column for "MPLS_LABEL_1".

Ok, my misunderstanding. "They" was referred to the unsupported keys and not
to the whole flows containing them. Then the answer is yes, they (the keys)
are dropped.
For what concerns MPLS, it's not directly supported explicitely in the DB but
you are still able to match expected labels (say, intercept the inner label
at a PE impementing VRFs) through filters in Pre-Tagging table and then get
the corresponding ID in the DB.