Hi Suraj,

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 06:21:39PM -0400, Suraj Nellikar (snellika) wrote:

> I am trying to use pre_tag and I am running into some problems. I
> defined a tag entry, where, all packets (in=-1) should be tagged with
> id=100. It worked fine. I could see that all packets in mysql database
> have agent_id=100. But when I am using a specific input interface value
> (for ex. in=469762208), the nfacctd does not identify the packets
> properly. I checked the if-index on the switch and it was a hex
> value(1c0000a0). But nfacctd's pre_tag.map accepts only integers. So I
> was wondering if that is the problem. Here is the nfacctd.conf:-

The problem is support was limited to 16bit interface indexes - which
is what traditionally NetFlow v5 supported and default NetFlow v9 field
length; of course, in case of v9 the size can eventually be adjusted.

I've rolled out a patch in the CVS (please let me know if it works
for you, as i had very limited time to test it) which supports 32bit
interface indexes by checking whether the size of the field in the
NetFlow v9 template is 2 or 4 bytes. If you want to check out code
changes yourself - these are limited to the pretag_handlers.c file.

With this patch, 0.11.7-cvs version is started up. I'm not sure yet,
but i guess it will genuinely depend on the flow of bugfixes, if a
version 0.11.7 will ever see the light - given the current focus is
the 0.12 trunk. This is also to say, a propo of Pre-Tagging: the
output tag/agent_id is still 16bit; this is being extended to 32bit
in 0.12. A bit out of context, but same applies to ASNs: 0.12 will
be 4-bytes ASN ready.