Hi Mike,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 02:27:06PM +0300, Mike Lykov wrote:

> > I would suggest a couple of checks:
> > * see if HTTP traffic is reaped by some other classifier, but i guess
> >   you might have already checked that.
>
> if class_id = unknown, i think it's not this case.

Yes, correct. But are you getting all the web traffic? I mean, I see you
are a) not collecting TCP/UDP ports and b) using an aggregate_filter. Is
it web traffic the one left as "unknown" or something else? Any chance
some web traffic is being filtered out, ie. because some mirrored data
is VLAN-tagged? You can test this by commenting out the aggregate_filter.

> > * see if the HTTP classifier is written correctly. Not referring only
> >   to the regexp but to the overall syntax. The implemented format is
> >   *veeery* sensible to tabs, spaces, white lines, etc. So try to keep
> >   it essential. Strip comments and empty lines out.
>
> I delete all comments from file
>
> [r...@router ~]# cat /var/local/pmacct/classifiers/http.pat
> http
> http/(0\.9|1\.0|1\.1) [1-5][0-9][0-9] [\x09-\x0d
> -~]*(connection:|content-type:|content-length:|date:)|post [\x09-\x0d -~]*
> http/[01]\.[019]
>
> What else may I try to?

Try with a simplified (and polished up) filter. See if the memory table
plugin behaves any differently/better compared to the SQL one (this is
an always-good troubleshooting step). Increase classification tentatives
although with http traffic it should make no difference. After all, if
http-marked traffic makes it in the database, as per your previous email,
it means the regexp engine itself is working.