Hi Yuriy,

You have also other means to get a count of the TCP/SYN packets out
of pmacct. I would suggest one for troubleshooing purposes with the
goal to check where the issue lies:

* keep the 'tcpflags' primitive out of the 'aggregate' directive
* add a 'pcap_filter' directive to the config; it supports filters
  in tcpdump syntax and you can feed it with the same filter you
  use in tcpdump to count TCP/SYN packets.

I would like to know if counting TCP/SYN packets this way makes
pmacct matching the numbers you get out of tcpdump.

Btw, if you like this strategy, instead of resorting to tcpflags,
it can be refined so to make it co-existing with other things you
might want to do with the tool (ie. by using tagging or replacing
the 'pcap_filter' with an 'aggregate_filter').