Hi Sebastien,

Unfortunately it's not something quick to reproduce as i'm
myself mostly based on Solaris. I will gladly have a look
on your box instead.

Anyway: what the configure script was complaining is the
"checking for pcap_dispatch in -lpcap" check. Meaning the
"libpcap.a" doesn't exist or doesn't appear to be valid.
The issue doesn't look connected to PF_RING specifically.

Consider also pmacct doesn't have any native support for
PF_RING (which ntop might have instead), so I don't think
you should ever link with "-lpfring" - but I can indeed be
mistaken.