Hi Sergio,

The sql_history drives temporal aggregation by splitting traffic data
into time-bins. You configured 5 minutes time-bins. See the behaviour
of the 'stamp_inserted' field, ie. do "SELECT DISTINCT(stamp_inserted)
FROM <table> ORDER BY stamp_inserted", to get this more clear. The
roundoff thing does some nice time alignment.

So, increasing the size of the time-bins will be certainly beneficial
but that's not the entire win: important thing is understanding what
you are trying to achieve by putting data into PostgreSQL and choose
a suitable spatial aggregation method (the "aggregate" directive) for
your task. Suitable here means: build a data-set fitting your project
requirements with the (nearly) least possible amount of records.

Then indexing. It gets useful speeding up SQL queries with conditions,
ie. WHERE ip_src = 'x.x.x.x'. If that's the kind of query you run the
most, try inserting in the SQL table schema a "INDEX (ip_src)", after
the PRIMARY KEY line. Perhaps you might want to do the same with the
ip_dst field.