Hi Nitzan,

I'm sure you already know pmacct doesn't support logging to
raw files (FAQS document, Q5). As you can read, by choice.

I believe pmacct can anyway offer something similar to what
you have in mind: via configuration you have full control
over spatial aggregation (so you just select primitives as
much as you need), whereas the the nfacctd_sql_log feature
disables the temporal aggregation while mapping flow start
time and end time to stamp_inserted and stamp_updated fields
respectively. By doing so, you can log micro-flows to the
database.

Remaining bits are: rotating SQL tables over time, say, a
different table every amount of minutes or hours; this can
be done by a script or by pmacct via the dynamic SQL tables
feature (sql_table, sql_table_schema). You can decide to
not use any indexing, ie. ARCHIVE (binary, compressed) or
CSV (textual) storage engines in MySQL. The query language
stays SQL (for CSVs you can optionally bypass it): no need
to re-invent anything. A simple script you write drops
tables after some time.

Some people go this road for reasons like analize traffic
anomalies, security, forensics, etc. and keep rather happy
with it.

Should you need support to build something in this sense,
feel free to give me a shout privately - will be glad to
help.