Hi Chris,

The 'failsafe' mechanism (ie. writing to a backup database or to log
files) kicks in upon receipt of an error code from the RDBMS API. So
what you see in the log file should never be already in the database.

Your specific configuration is tricky because you write to the RDBMS
every 60 seconds but aggregate on 5 minutes time-bins and hence it's
not possible to determine for sure whether a record is contributing
or not to a certain aggregate. Only work-around i can think of for
your case is to permanenly enable debug in pmacct (or logging in the
RDBMS) so that it's possible, at any moment, to know which queries
have been performed. This at the expense of slightly more resources.

If using default SQL schemas and an INSERT-only scenario, to protect
against duplicates, you could have simply appended the '-i' option
to pmpgplay to disable UPDATE SQL queries. Logics is explained here:

http://wiki.pmacct.net/CustomizingTheSqlIndexes