Hi Paolo,

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Paolo Lucente wrote:

> Agree. I seem to reckon this legacy issue is limited to the TCP/UDP
> ports only and i'm thinking perhaps the best way to approach it is to
> issue a true/false config switch, ie. sql_table_compat, for the purpose.
> But for consistency with the rest, these fields should be aligned to
> port_src and port_dst. Agree?

Agree definitely on consistency, and don't really mind which way the name
goes.

I'm not sure about adding a new config switch, do we actually need it? I
seem to recall some wiser counsel to not add configuration options where
possible, as it exponentially multiplies the complexity of the software
code and also linearly increases the complexity of using it.

If our intention is to rename the MySQL fields going forward, why not just
use a new schema version to grandfather the old column names?

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.