Hi Paolo,

was using 1.6.0 but using master , same issues.

for me the steps to reproduce are start nfacctd with the kafka plugin ,
don't create any topic in kafka . This triggers nfacctd to create "acct"
topic and the following error in log:

 Connection failed to Kafka: p_kafka_check_outq_len()
Jul 28 20:05:02 ERROR ( test/kafka ): Connection failed to Kafka:
p_kafka_close()

Firts interval there is no data in kafka , assume it's because of above.
Second interval (5m in this case) i have data.

Stop nfacctd , create pmacct1 topic using ( ./kafka-topics.sh --create
--topic pmacct1 --replication-factor 1 --partitions 1 --zookeeper localhost
). Start nfacctd , data is updated to acct rather than pmacct1.

hope this helps. let me know if you need more info.

Regards,
Catalin