Hi Tim,

My question is can nfprobe from pmacct package do the sampling at the origination of the flow.

Thanks,
Steve

On 08/24/2016 10:55 AM, Tim Jackson wrote:
If the probe is doing sampling, you can have pmacct re-normalize sampling via either a static sampling value, or via the flow/ipfix information that tells it how it was sampled..

sample_rate: <fixed sample rate>
sample_map: <per-host sample rate map file>
(s|n|p|u)facctd_renormalize:true

If you're using a tap that samples traffic, you can tell the daemon that upstream traffic is sampled by X:

pmacctd_ext_sampling_rate | uacctd_ext_sampling_rate

http://wiki.pmacct.net/OfficialConfigKeys

--
Tim