Hi Paolo,

>> Last question so far: Why am I not seeing data in the database when
>> using "sql_history: 1" (or "10")? I have both "sql_history" and
>> "sql_refresh_time" set to the same amount of seconds.
>
> In super short, you can't set time-bins below 1 minute, anything below
> that will be rounded up to 1 minute (and you should get a log message
> about that). Also, you need a time unit: no '60' but so '60s' or '1m'.
> This all said, reviewing the code handling time units in secs (a more
> recent introduction compared to time units in minutes and above) i have
> found a bug, just fixed by:
>
> https://github.com/pmacct/pmacct/commit/1db48c5566bcfcd1d34a7ed7804b3105bbd35bb2

Nice :)

> Do you really need time-bins of less than 1 minute? If yes, can you

No, I just need to understand the boundaries and the implications. 1
minute time bins are just fine. It just means that if *nfacctd* goes
down, it takes a whole minute of information (at worst, given
"sql_refresh_time" is aligned with "sql_history") with it. So
something like a load balancer (as outlined in one of the other
threads) could come in handy.

So, thanks again for all the clarifications and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
--
Mathias Gumz

Email: mathias.g...@travelping.com
Phone: +49-391-819099-228

Travelping GmbH                     Phone:  +49-391-81 90 99 0
Roentgenstr. 13                     Fax:    +49-391-81 90 99 299
39108 Magdeburg                     Email:  i...@travelping.com
GERMANY                             Web:    http://www.travelping.com

Company Registration: Amtsgericht Stendal        Reg No.:   HRB 10578
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Holger Winkelmann          VAT ID No.: DE236673780