Hi Karl and Lennert, Community,

Thanks very much for your comments and for the opportunity you are
giving me to address them.

I'd like to comment publicly - so that we can cast this in stone and
have it archvied for time to tell - that there are no hidden reasons,
secret plans or favouritism behind this initiative and the motivations
expressed. The reasons stated are the real reasons.

In the very early days of starting the project i picked a license semi
randomly, that is, after having been recommended so. Many years passed
and i focused solely on core develoment of pmacct. Am i a believer of
restrictive licenses? No, i've never been. I personally believe in
innovating and looking forward rather than making sure nobody is
'copying' (pass me the simplistic term) pmacct - i think by doing
open-source that is simply a given. So one day happened that we had
this kind of conversation with Job and decided to attempt to re-align
licensing.

Related to the above, I also believe that people so far have contributed
to pmacct not out of desire to comply with the license terms but because
they thought that sharing their code would benefit all parties involved.

The other point that Job raised, let's call it the mortality one, i
truly believe it's self-explanatory. I may perhaps add that over the
course of 17 years intellectual thinking of a person may evolve.

One more reason that perhaps did not emerge is - again on a pure
intelllectual level - the wish to maximize who uses pmacct, including
inside their products. Licensing has several time risen as a concern
for integrating pmacct in 3rd parties so I hope we can now put that to
rest.

Finally, I too consent relicense my pmacct work under the proposed
license. I'm excited to see this change happen! :-)

Paolo