Hello guys,

I implemented nfacctd acting as a Netflow collector using pmacct. It is
working perfectly and writing the flows to a Kafka topic which I have an
application processing it.

Following is my configuration:

kafka_topic: netflow
kafka_broker_host: Kafka-host
kafka_broker_port: 9092
kafka_refresh_time: 1
daemonize: true
plugins: kafka
pcap_interface: enp0s8
nfacctd_ip: 192.168.1.100
nfacctd_port: 9995
aggregate: src_host, dst_host, timestamp_start, timestamp_end, src_port,
dst_port, proto

Currently, there is only one Netflow exporter sending data to this
demon and I would like to add another exporter. The problem is that I am
not finding a way to differentiate the flows coming from different
exporters.

Let's say I have the exporter A currently sending data to nfacctd running
at port 9995 and the data is being written to Kafka topic Netflow.

Now I want a new exporter B to start sending data to nfacctd port 9996 which
will be running as a separate demon ( just because I though so, not sure
yet if it is a necessary approach)  and writing the data to the
same Netflow topic in Kafka.

When the data comes from Kafka to my application, I cannot tell from
which exporter the data came from. I would need some sort of identification
in order to make this differentiation. It is important for me, because my
application may treat differently Netflow traffic coming from these
two Netflow exporters.

Thanks in advance.

Emanuel