Hi Steve,

Apart from asking the obvious - personal curiosity! - why do you want to
link against a static nDPI library. There are a couple main avenues i
can point you to depending on your goal:

1) You can supply configure with a --with-ndpi-static-lib knob; guess
the static lib and the dynamic lib are in different places, you should
be game. Even simplifying further: should you make the 'shared object'
library disappear then things will be forced onto the static library;

2) did you see the "pmacct & Docker" email that did just circulate on
the list? In the seek for a static library? Perhaps time to look into a
container instead? :-D

Paolo