Thanks for the info Marc.

On 06/25/2020 08:50 AM, Marc Sune wrote:
Steve,

Missatge de Stephen Clark
<sclar...@earthlink.net<mailto:sclar...@earthlink.net>> del dia dj., 25 de juny
2020 a les 13:56:
Hi Paolo,

We have pmacct installed on a number of remote systems and
it just more moving parts to keep updated with having to also install/update
nDPI.

Not sure what your requirements are, but if the concern is remote system's
connectivity, docker images can be downloaded in a tar.gz and locally imported,
without the need to have external connectivity.

https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/save/

Also I have used the following configure line

./configure '--enable-ndpi' --with-ndpi-static-lib=/usr/local/lib/ '--enable-l2'
'--enable-traffic-bins' '--enable-bgp-bins' '--enable-bmp-bins'
'--enable-st-bins'

and still get a dynamically linked pmacctd. Also the dynamic lib and static lib
are both in /usr/local/lib

Can you the resulting config.log?

marc

I just removed the dynamic libs and got pmacctd built - I am testing it now.

Thanks for your help,
Steve