These are core dumps, when the PHP process has crashed.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_dump

It sometimes happens when a search returns far too many results and the process runs out of time or out of memory (on a shared hosting plan a lack of memory or CPU time may happen because of someone other than you).

If you don't have hundreds of these per day you can delete them.

Petko