I must response,, as you can see by my addy,, I must have sheep and goats,,,
and I use manure that is composted in my garden,, I am around the stuff all
the time,, I clean out barns, I shovel it , I walk thru it,  and when the
wind blows it move around the whole rural area from other places as well as
mine,, I have yet got salmonella, or e coli,,,
I asked my vet once,, why is it that folks that have livestock and raised do
not come down with all those disease that apparently inflict the folks in
the cities,, Welll, maybe the city folks are too clean,, do not build up a
immuniity to them,, remember back when you were a kid, how you played in the
dirt and made mud pies?
Here we have that come in the spring and fall,,,, they poop I am sure all
over the place,,I also have free ranging chicken as well as some ducks,,  So
how is it that folks like me are not sick from these illnesses?   the one
thing we do do is when we come into the house we always wash our hands...
now for radition,,, When I was a kid,, and mother would take me in for a new
pair of shoes,,, there was a device in the middle of the many of the shoe
stores,, it was a floscope(sp)  I would stand up in this device, and there
was a place where I could put my feet,, I could look thru a viewer as well
as my mother and the shoe sales person,, he would turn it on,, and you could
see the bones in my feet and you could see if the shoes really fit and not
too small nor too large,   I wonder now just how shield that device was,,,
also in the late 1940 and 1950,, TB was around in the US more than now,,, so
to get the public aware and have them check,, there were TB buses outfitted
with x ray machines that would park at various shopping areas,, no malls or
shopping centers at that time,, it was parked on the street,,, you walked
into the front part of the bus,, sit down ,, give information like name,
address and the like,, in the middle of the bus was a x ray machine,, you
had a chest xray done there,, and left out the back,, this was parked at
various busy intersections thru the city,, did I mention this was in
chicago?
now toxic chemicals,,,, During WW2,, my dad worked at a lead paint
factory,,, they had no masks,, wore the same clothes they came in to work,,
and went home in the same clothes,, all for the war effort,, now he did get
lead poisoning and almost died, but as a child I would run to him and like
so many children wrap my arms around his legs and he would pick me up when
he came home,, I wonder how much lead as a child I ingested and absorbed
this way,,,
Also as a child,, we use to use chalk to draw a hop scotch on the
sidewalks,, well , when we did not have chalk ,, a nice chunk of abestos
worked very well in its place,, you see the pipes in basements had abestos
wrapped around them with a canvas cover and held in place with metal bands,,
in homes,, many windows sills were painted with lead paint,, I am sure that
I cut my teeth on some of those window sills,, and most likely played with
lead paint coated toys,,,
So I wonder how in the world did I ever live to this age with all that stuff
around me?
Oh I must add one other thing,, it was a common sight in chicago to have a
horse drawn wagon,, yes,, they had horse drawn wagons evein into the
1950;s,, that would go around in the alleys of chicago selling fruit and
veggies as well as fish packed on ice,,to the house wives of the
neighborhood,, you would hear him coming as he would holler out, FRUIT,
VEGABLES.FISH and the house wives would come out and buy them,,,,,Later it
was replaced with a truck that was open on both sides so the ladies could
see what was for sale,,
It was common to have meat markets that butched their own chickens in the
back,,, it was the butch shop,, that only sold meat and fish , nothing
else,, the floor had sawdust,,

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.

God forbid that  I should go  to any heaven  where  there are  no horses.
   sheep. goats. chickens.dogs. and cats."