I posted this last fall to the bitbucket issues tracker, but haven't seen a
response there, so thought I'd try here.

I'd like to enhance HTML output (which will be imbedded in HTML output from
asciidoctor) to link from certain function / token names to corresponding
anchors elsewhere in the imbedding document. For example, "vxFunction"
would link to the #vxFunction anchor, as well as whatever visual style the
formatter & class would normally produce. But am a newb at pygments and
unclear how to go about this. None of the examples on the website appeared
relevant to what I'd like to do.

Is there an existing token type that a filter could modify matching names
to, that would result in this happening? Or am I looking at modifying the
html formatter class to accomplish this? In the worst case, would it be
tractable to run a post-filter over the HTML output from within the
pygments pipeline (which is invoked from asciidoctor, and thus not directly
accessible to me), and modify it at that stage? Any pointers in the right
direction will be welcome.

Thanks,
Jon Leech