On Nov 30, 2009, at 7:28 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> And I'd be happy to test Pod::Simple's existing implementation of this
> feature, and make sure it works properly for man pages and plain text. I can
> probably squeeze some time to do that this week.

FWIW, Pod::Simple already parses things as you expect. Here's the relevant
comment:

  # L<name>
  # L<name/"sec"> or L<name/sec>
  # L</"sec"> or L</sec> or L<"sec">
  # L<text|name>
  # L<text|name/"sec"> or L<text|name/sec>
  # L<text|/"sec"> or L<text|/sec> or L<text|"sec">
  # L<scheme:...>
  # L<text|scheme:...>

So I'll just need to add some more tests I think, to make sure that nothing
unexpected happens (like a a misplaced "|" or "/").

For my own personal use, Test::Pod is what most needs to be updated to allow
this syntax. Hrm. Looks like it uses Pod::Simple; so I'll have to look to see
what needs to be changed to get it to allow L<text|schem:...>.

Best,

David