Von: Marc Green [mailto:pongu...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011 04:13
An: pod-people@perl.org; tpf-gsoc-stude...@googlegroups.com
Betreff: GSoC Status Update

Hi everyone,

I have been focusing on the finer details of getting Pod::Html released this
week, and I was able to look into Pod::Checker a little bit too.

With the help of my mentors, essentially all of the test cases for Pod::Html
pass (including the porting/ tests, which were more work than I expected due
to a naming error on my part). I say "essentially" because one of them is
still failing. However, we have determined it is not the fault of Pod::Html,
but of Pod::Simple. Because of this, I am moving the test case over to
Pod::Simple and will fix it before its next release. Before I can smoke (and
release the module), however, a few final things must be finished. In
particular,

- I need to complete the aforementioned move of the failing test case,
- I am going to ensure a usable version of pod2html is installed when perl
is installed (via a perlbrew install of my perl branch), and
- The newest version of Module::Build needs to be released and merged into
the core (this version includes updates for Pod::Html).

As for Pod::Checker, I am dismayed to conclude that using
Pod::Simple::Checker will not suffice as a substitute; it is too
featureless. Instead, I am thinking about subclassing Pod::Simple myself to
create an identical (feature-wise) version of Pod::Checker. But again, this
is only a thought that I need to research more into, so don't hold me to it.

Another issue that comes up with Pod::Checker is the fact that it is a
subclass of Pod::Parser. My mentors and I are relieved that this is an
implementation detail and is not documented, so it is free to be changed.
Also, the fact that its home is under cpan/Pod-Parser/Pod will provide some
trouble when removing Pod-Parser. rjbs said he will look into that.

For next week, I want to *finally* finish Pod::Html. What a momentous
occasion that will be! In addition, I am going to continue my investigation
of Pod::Checker.

Thanks,
Marc