On 01/12/2015 06:25 AM, Shawn H Corey wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 20:57:26 -0700
Karl Williamson <pub...@khwilliamson.com> wrote:

To be clear, I think that assuming 1252 when there is no =encoding
line is a good idea.  But I'm leery of overriding an actual =encoding
line.

Agreed.

I could possibly be persuaded, if someone want to make it, by the argument that 'latin1' is kind of colloquial, and someone using it may very well not be familiar with the possibility that they really mean cp1252. But, if so, there needs to be a way for someone to say "I really mean it" and not be overridden by us. Perhaps
that could be =encoding "ISO-8859-1".

Q: What if there is more than one =encoding line? Does it switch
encoding part way thru a POD?

Error while formatting with Pod::Perldoc::ToMan:
Nested processed encoding. at /usr/share/perl/5.18/Pod/Simple/BlackBox.pm line 380.