On 01/13/2015 10:15 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Jan 12, 2015, at 11:42 AM, David E. Wheeler <da...@justatheory.com> wrote:

Honest, since the current regex matches stuff that is not in fact Pod, I think
it is reasonable to tighten up the regex to

That one, it turns out, was no less liberal than the previous regex. I added a
test matching the pattern Randy identified, and it failed with this regex, too.
So I instead copied the regex from later in the file, which *is* sufficiently
more strict, and brings them into line, to boot. The change is here:

   https://github.com/theory/pod-simple/commit/31942ec

Look good? If so, I will update perlpodspec to match it and send it off to p5p.

Best,

David

Nobody has explained to me why we accept uppercase when all existing pod commands (I believe) are entirely lowercase. And shouldn't the digits only be in the final position? I don't know the answers, but am just pointing out potential problems.