On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 20:12 +0300, Yuliana Zigangirova wrote:
> I have taken a pdf from Adobe website -  Adobe PDF Reference, 1.7,
> sixth
> edition  - 31 MB large
> and have copied 10 pages from there to a new pdf file.  The resulted
> PDF has the same 31MB and the copying of 10 pages took 35 minute!
> I have tried to look at the pdf source - it looks like only
> references in the page tree are
> changed and  all other pages are also there silently, with there
> content.
>
> I  mean, something is definitely wrong here.  Most probably it is me
> - probably I do not use some necessary options or something,
> and I would be very glad if someone could tell me where my error
> could be
> and  how to do this correctly.

        Hi,
you do not do anything wrong. When you look at the body of
PdfDocument::InsertExistingPageAt() [1], then you can see that it
always copies all the objects and pages and so on. Thus it's the
PoDoFo which doesn't copy only the necessary objects. I recall seeing
some comment in the code along these lines, but I cannot find it right
now. There was also a note to better copy the whole document and
delete unwanted pages, rather that copy page by page.
        Bye,
        zyx

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/p/podofo/code/HEAD/tree/podofo/trunk/src/doc/PdfDocument.cpp#l369