Hi Dax,

This seems to be an issue with an invalid document catalog created by PDF
Tex:

The catalog object looks like this (taken from your example PDF):

22 0 obj <<
/Type /Catalog
/Pages 9 0 R
/Names 21 0 R
*/Version 1.5*
>> endobj

Now, the problem is the key /Version 1.6. According to the PDF Reference,
Version must be of type name. So, /1.5 would be valid. Unfortunately, PDF
Tex seems to write a number here, which is not valid. Please see the PDF
reference.

*Version*
*name*

*(Optional; PDF 1.4) The version of the PDF specification to which the*
*document conforms (for example, 1.4) if later than the version specified*
*in the file’s header (see Section 3.4.1, “File Header”). If the header
speci-*
*fies a later version, or if this entry is absent, the document conforms to*
*the version specified in the header. This entry enables a PDF producer*
*application to update the version using an incremental update; see Sec-*
*tion 3.4.5, “Incremental Updates.” (See implementation note 33 in Ap-*
*pendix H.)*

*Note: The value of this entry is a name object, not a number, and
therefore*
*must be preceded by a slash character (/) when written in the PDF file
(for*
*example, /1.4).*

Still, I committed a fix to PoDoFo SVN, to just ignore such invalid
entries, unless in strict mode.

Best regards,
 Dom