Von: Leonard Rosenthol [mailto:lrose...@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. September 2016 14:34
An: Thomas Szendefi <thomas.szend...@kumkeo.de>;
podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Podofo-users] Unicode in form fields

What font are you applying to the field?  If you want Unicode, you need to use
a font that supports Unicode and is embedded appropriately.

Leonard

From: Thomas Szendefi
<thomas.szend...@kumkeo.de<mailto:thomas.szend...@kumkeo.de>>
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 1:21 PM
To:
"podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net>"
<podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:podofo-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
Subject: [Podofo-users] Unicode in form fields

Hi all,

when i write unicode strings into form fields (using podofo) only the Latin
letters are shown,
Chinese and Cyrillic remain invisible when I look at it in a linux environment
using
xpdf or evince. (The font is Arial, installed via the mscorefonts package.)
Interestingly
it works fine with Adobe Reader in a windows environment. I found out, that
none of the base 14 fonts supports non Latin letters –  what’s the trick here?
A PDF is able to
show Chinese or any other letters in a linux environment, but how can I get
that to work with
form fields?

Regards,
Thomas