On 08.02.2017 11:15, zyx wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 00:58 +0100, Sandro Mani wrote:
>> All this on Fedora rawhide. (I'm working on narrowing down as time
>> allows).
>       Hi,
> very interesting. I can make it crash with both your and mine code,
> they are simply the same, but only if I compile the code against
> installed library. Compiling it with the in-build-tree-code doesn't
> cause any crash. There can be that there happened something during the
> 'make install', maybe anything related to RPATH?
>
> Luckily, I guess, I get the same issue with gcc 6.2.1 when linking
> against installed PoDoFo.
Hi,
Pretty sure it is not related to rpath / the installed library:

$ g++ -g -o testprog test.cpp -L$PWD/src -lpodofo
-I$PWD/dist/usr/local/include
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/src ./testprog
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'PoDoFo::PdfError'
Aborted (core dumped)
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/src ldd ./testprog
         libpodofo.so.0.9.5 =>
[...]/podofo-0.9.5/build/src/libpodofo.so.0.9.5 (0x00007f384f1ac000)
[...]

However I can't reproduce it with the static library though, so it is
definitely related to the shared library.

Sandro