Hi zyx, hi all,

zyx <z...@litepdf.cz> has written on 16 February 2017 at 18:56:

> On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 08:49 +0300, Nikita Shlyapnikov wrote:
>
> > Dots should not be replaced in the strings stored in the "F" key of
> > a FileSpec dictionary.
>
> Hi,
> why do you think so, please?
>
> PDF 1.7 reference, page 181:
>  | In file specifications, the period should be used
>  | only to separate a base file name from a file extension.

In PDF32000_2008.pdf (Adobe's public-access version of ISO 32000-1:2008)
in section 7.11.2.3, "Conversion to Platform-Dependent File Names" on
page 101 (document-specific numbering), NOTE 1 also contains "In file
specifications, the PERIOD should be used only to separate a base file name
from a file extension." but no mention is made (there) of replacing it with
e.g. hexadecimal codes. Those are only mentioned in section 7.11.2.4,
"Multiple-Byte Strings in File Specifications", but the example given there
contradicts its text: in the former hexadecimal 5C precedes such a 5C code,
but the latter says 2F and 5C are to be preceded by 2F. What's correct please?

>From my understanding I therefore concur with Nikita, please correct me if I'm
wrong.

>  Bye,
>  zyx