Hello Georg, hello all,
> On 10 May 2018 at 19:28 Georg Funk <georgf...@hotmail.de> wrote:
>

> Hi Joerg,
>
> thanks for this hint.
>
> I thought maybe I'm misusing PdfObject::Reference() and
> PdfObject::GetReference() in my code.... This could explain the null
> pointer.

that could also be a problem, however GetObject() returning NULL should
mean that no object with the reference numbers given to the method was
found in the PdfDocument or PdfVecObjects your PdfObject belongs to,
so please check if this is the case (no such object exists). Only if it
isn't, you could have found a bug in PoDoFo.

> I want to get an object's Reference number by calling
> PdfObject::Reference() and get a pointer to a eventually existing
> indirect object by calling PdfObject::GetReference().
>
> Is this the correct use case?

Only the former is correct, whereas PdfObject::GetReference() is
inherited from PdfVariant and throws a PdfError exception if
IsReference() returns false, so it is only for "converting"
(de-capsulating) a reference in PdfObject form to PdfReference
(returns a C++ reference to a PdfReference object, no pointer).

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Georg

Hope this helps.

Best regards, mabri