On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 9:20 PM Anand Ramasamy <ramasam...@hcl.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> Thank you for help in advance.
>

> We are using "CreateFont" API to create PdfFont object(as given in below
> code) and use that font object to set the Font.

> PdfFont *font = NULL;
>
> font = doc->CreateFont("Arial Unicode MS", bold, italic, false, encoding);

> For "Arial Unicode MS" font, "CreateFont" API returns NULL in Windows 10
> 32-bit environment.
>
> Same API works fine in Windows 10 64-bit environment.
>
> Please note that same behavior is observed with “Arabic TypeSetting” font
> also.
>

> We have also confirmed that "Arial Unicode MS" font is installed in the PC.
>
> Please let us know whether this is a known issue in Podofo library or
> should we use any other API to create PDFFont object.
>
> PODOFO Library Version used is: 0.9.5.3

I would recommend to use the latest version directly from SVN (not 0.9.6).

> Also is there any other method which we can use to check whether a Font
> supports a particular language or not.
>
> For example, Japanese, Chinese characters are not supported by "Arial"
> font.
>
> Is there any API or method to confirm whether a Font supports the given
> string.
>

>From PdfFont can be obtained PdfFontMetrics. If it is font obtained using
Freetype api it can be casted to PdfFontMetricsFreetype from which can be
obtained FT_Face and used Freetype api to determine what encodings and
languages that font supports. Or should be possible to find the right font
name using Fontconfig api.