On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 18:41, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> Do you specifically need to know when STDOUT is closed, or is it more
> important to know that the child is done sending information at all?

The later would be sufficient, even though it would be nice to have
finer grain control.

For example, I am reading the STDOUT of "/bin/rpm -qa".  What I need to
know is when to emit an event to tally the output received.  In this
instance, I do not care about STDERR.  However, I can imagine some
applications that do.

> If it's the latter, I have just committed a new version of Wheel::Run
> that includes a CloseEvent.  The CloseEvent will be fired when the
> child process has closed its last output filehandle.

I understand.  I suspect in many applications, this is sufficient.  It's
much cleaner than counting the number of read errors.

Thank you.

Pete