Markus,

also check out POE::Component::Child which makes setup easier.

- e

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 6:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Grandwheels or wheel-wheels question

Markus,

Take a look at POE::Wheel::Run. Run can be initiated as spawning a separate
program or subroutine.  Use a ReadWrite wheel to connect the subprocess back
the Run Wheel.  In the subroutine or separate script, run a kernel inside of
that to handle the IO, multiwhatevers, etc.

Dougie!

In a message dated 8/19/03 5:10:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,