Thanks so much for the info.  Yeah, I was just reading the docs when I saw
this response.  In the docs I saw this example

POE::Component::IKC::Client->spawn(
            port=>31337, name=>$name,
            subscribe=>[qw(poe://*/timeserver)],
            on_connect=>\&create_me,
        );

Is there some sort of unpublish event if the worker goes away(crashes,
etc...)?  Would I have to code this into the server logic or it's already
built in?