I'm still trying to wrap my mind around POE which is quite new to me, and
how to create a large application with a controller and several workers
(where each worker also acts as a controller with several workers
underneath).

I've started my design with a very simple worker ping module.  Is the
following the correct way to think about application design with IKC?

1)Create the controller IKC server and publish the controller states
(example state might be worker_report)
2)From the controller spawn a worker client (separate perl module Worker.pm
contains the ikc client info)
3)From the Worker module setup the session which will include events called
ping and pong (using the PoCo client ping module).......
4)Worker remains running as long as controller wants and pings hosts and
processes responses
5)Every so often controller asks for a report from the Worker
6)Create another client that connects to the server doing something
different but passes back a report to the server as well.
7)worker_report simply shows whatever the worker wants to report

I have looked at the cookbook examples and read the cpan module docs for
IKC.......but still trying to see through the clouds.  Just want to make
sure my brain is clear on application design and POE IKC.