No, it can be fine to combine services---even disparate ones---into one program, if that's the best solution to your problem. Obviously the applicability is up to you or your systems designer.

For example, Bot::Pastebot (CPAN) is an IRC client and a pastebin web server in one program.

--
Rocco Caputo - rcap...@pobox.com