2009/9/26 Olivier Mengué <olivier.men...@gmail.com>:

> It would be easier if the mailing list admin would reconfigure the list so
> we get poe@perl.org as the recipient when we choose "Reply".
> More than once I made the mistake of replying only to the post author.

Unfortunately that would be exactly the opposite of normal mailing
list behaviour.
The email client presents two choices "reply to all" and "reply".
Etiquette suggests that you normally choose "reply to all".

If the list were to attempt to subvert this behaviour as you suggest
then special actions would be required on the part of any recipient if
they wished to open a private dialogue with the sender.  Suggesting a
technical solution to a simple misunderstanding of community
expectations seems inappropriate to me.

With best wishes
cfedde