Hi Andreas,

> I was trying to find a solution how to run POE applications
> as a Windows
> service.  I've found two solutions so far, but I am not quite
> satisfied
> with them.

If you're using Activestate perl (from your mention of ppms) then I
would suggest having a look at the perl dev kit, particularly the
perlsvc component.

I have no idea how well it interacts with POE but I've used it
successfully on a number of other non-POE projects in the past.

PerlApp is also a handy component for deploying standalone apps. I
believe the latest versions also support cross-"compiling" exes from
linux hosts as well. We're a linux shop so that is attractive to us but
its probably not useful for the majority :-)

Cheers,

Andrew