Hi there.  I'm about to break IPv6 support for existing IPv6 users of POE.  You
can avoid this breakage by vetting and installing Socket::GetAddrInfo as soon
as possible.

POE's IPv6 name resolution is moving to Socket::GetAddrInfo, since that
module's more portable, more supported, and more future-proof.  It, or
something like it, is scheduled to be in Perl 5.14.0.

Socket6 is redundant once Socket::GetAddrInfo is used, so I'll be removing
support for it.  This means the conditional IPv6 code in POE will look for
Socket::GetAddrInfo instead of Socket6.

Which means existing IPv6 houses will switch down to IPv4 if they upgrade POE
without also installing Socket::GetAddrInfo.

[Also announced at @rcaputo on Twitter, albeit with much less detail.]

--
Rocco Caputo - rcap...@pobox.com