Hi All

I've now had a few people ask me what the difference between main, contrib and scratchpad is. The difference between main and scratchpad I'm happy explaining, but it's contrib that's stumping me.

This leads me down one of two thought processes:

1) someone needs to explain how contrib differs, and we should do a better
    job of explaining what it is (and why it should remain seperate)
2) we should shift the stuff in contrib into main and scratchpad as
    appropriate, and move to just having two kinds of code

Can anyone enlighten me on 1, or should we give serious thought to 2?

Nick