Okay.  No.  You want a SOLIDLY filled pattern of the FOREGROUND color.
So Fill patterns have two colors.  Foreground and background.  The
background color is between the fill.  So if you set the foreground to
yellow and the background to while and you select the dots constant,
you'll get yellow dots on a white background.  Now if you set that to
SOLID then you'll get a pure yellow fill pattern.  To change the font
color you change the font's color.  So its the fore/background of the
FILL pattern not the font.  So set the fill foreground color not the
background to green and you'll see what I mean.  The text will still be
visible.  If you want it to be invisible, set the font color to green
too.  I see how this is confusing, but this is a correct model of how
excel handles this.  In Gnumeric they actually reverse this when you set
that, its even more confusing then.

-Andy