Avik Sengupta wrote:

>>I would like to know what the limit is before Excel 'chokes'?
>>

>Programming wouldnt be that much fun if everything could be distilled to hard
>numbers, would it?? ;-)
>
>I used to stream HTML tables to excel of about 2MB. I had to switch to server
>side generation, since that amount of data made the client freeze for minutes. A
>hung pc for 5 mins isnt condusive to happy customers :). Crashes were
>intermittent at that size.

It depends from version to version of Excel, IE and windows and the
various combinations as well as how much memory you have.  I've had it
bugger out for me at about 500k before, and been successful with >2mb.
 It just depended.  I'm very picky about such things.  I want an
application to feel stable before I want to put my name on it.  It was
never sufficient peformance-wize for my tastes, but then
again I'm picky and am used to working with picky users.

-Andy