From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 6:27 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: OutOfMemoryError while reading excel file

No, you must start the jvm with -Xmx{size}m

Generally distribute your application with a run.bat and run.sh file.

Other successful programs that do this:

1. Tomcat
2. JBuilder
3. Netbeans

-Andy

On Sat, 2002-06-22 at 03:32, Ravi S Kodamarti wrote:
> Hi,
>       I'm getting OutOfMemoryError while reading an excel file. In one of
> the previous postings (for writing into an excel file), I saw that, if we
> increase the JVM heap size, then the OutOfMemory error problem would be
> solved. But, I have a concern here.. If we run the application in
> client-server environment, then what would be the turn around for the
> problem? Is there any way to increase the heap size programmatically?
>

> Thanks in advance.
> Ravi.
>
> --

http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
                    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex
Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh