Hay Julien and Andrew,
Thanks a lot for quick help!

Tan.

KiLiCoOl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
HSSFCell cell = row.createCell((short)0);
cell.setCellValue("XXX");
HSSFCellStyle cellStyle = wb.createCellStyle();
HSSFFont font = wb.createFont();
font.setBoldweight(HSSFFont.BOLDWEIGHT_BOLD);
cellStyle.setFont(font);
cell.setCellStyle(cellStyle);

Best regards,
Julien

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 05:37:32 -0700 (PDT), Tanmay Sinha
wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am new to POI and found it really great. In no time I could write / read to
> spreadsheets, but not finding suitable method for seeting text as BOLD.
>
> Can some one please tell me ?
>
> Font, alignment etc I was able to do using .....
> createCell(wb, row, (short) i, HSSFCellStyle.ALIGN_CENTER, col_name);
>
> private static void createCell(HSSFWorkbook wb, HSSFRow row, short column, short
> align, String text)
> {
> HSSFCell cell = row.createCell(column);
> cell.setCellValue(text);
> HSSFCellStyle cellStyle = wb.createCellStyle();
> cellStyle.setAlignment(align);
> //cellStyle.setWrapText(true);
> cell.setCellStyle(cellStyle);
> }