Using HSSF, what is the correct method to read large excel files line by
line?

In my real world situation the excel file will be very large, over 100
megs.  I need to be able to read the file line by line so that the large
file size does not cause memory issues.

I have tried to use a BufferedInputStream to read in the file but that
results in invalid header exceptions when I try to do a read().  I can
use the BufferedInputStream as is if I give the whole thing to the
workbook to process.However this pretty much forces me to read in the
entire file at once does it not?

If anyone has any examples, or can round about hint at what I need to do
I would be most appreciative.

Thank you,
Levi