Rajeshwar Mothe <rajkishan.m <at> gmail.com> writes:

>  Hi raghava
>
>  just write it into an out put stream and
>
>   use request.getOutputStream();
>
>  it will give an option to save
>
> then save it
>
>  if it is not still clear then reply me with u r entire code snippet i will
> help u
>
>  cheers
>
>  RAJESHWAR
>
>  VALUE LABS , INDIA

Hi Rajeshwar,

I am using any servlet in my code, it is simple java application trying to
modify an existing java file.

POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(
                                      new FileInputStream(
                                      "E:/samples/ReadExcel.xls"));

                        // create a workbook out of the input stream
                        HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

                        // get a reference to the worksheet
                    HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);

                    // create rows from 5 fill values in the 3rd column
                    HSSFRow row1 = sheet.createRow((short) 4);

                    // create a cell on the 3rd column
                    HSSFCell c1_3 = row1.createCell((short) 3);

                    // create a cell style
                    HSSFCellStyle style1 = wb.createCellStyle();

                    c1_3.setCellStyle(style1);

// now I need to save this modified excel file

Thanks in advance

Raghav