January 19, 1999
Mr. Paul Sparks
Director of Operations
Team Canada Trip
Office of the Prime Minister
Ottawa, Ontario

Dear Mr. Sparks,

It is our understanding that the Prime minister issued an invitation
to three members of the Canadian Jewish Congress to accompany him on
his private trip to Auschwitz disappointed and dismayed that a similar
invitation was not extended to our organization. The failure of the
Prime Minister to extend a similar invitation to us will have profound
political implications.

Despite that late date, we would appreciate an invitation for the
following members of our organization:

   1.Mr. Lucien Conrad, President, Canadian Polish Congress
   2.Mrs. Ala Gettlich, Secretary General, Canadian Polish Congress, born in
     the Warsaw ghetto
   3.Mr. Stanislwa Sagan, former inmate of Auschwitz, member of the
     Alliance of Former Prisoners of Nazi Concentration Camps.

We look forward to receiving a positive response to our request in
a timely manner. Please contact Ala Gettlich at (416) 532-2876

Sincerely

Lucien Conrad
President
National Executive Board

c.c. Hon. Arthur Eggleton, MP, Minister of National Defense Sarmite Bulte,
     MP, Parkdale-High Park

Odpowiedź listem elektroniczym