> People told me, that it is not up to me what to score but to give the
> possibility to score. Which is partly true.

This is my case for it too, it might be as innocent as you only want mail
from your home country as you don't deal with international business...
May be at least you could consider adding the check for mismatches between
TLD's and client origin.

> I admit, that the random sender check breaks this philosophy. The random
> sender check may even cause false positives. However, the random sender
> can be reconfigured - and the defaults score only high if DNSBL listed.

I think there's a lot of potential to score based on the from address
using weighting that effect each other and dictionary matching. Some of
the spam I've seen get through is obvious to the human eye so I'm sure
polw can get closer.

> Policyd-weight is designed to enforce a even more precise MTA
> configuration
> for dialup users. I.e. people who want to run a MTA on a dialup should
> setup every piece correctly and preferably sign up for a free DynDNS MX
> host.

I should have thought about this more.. I can just disable the
dial-up/adsl weighting for my virtual hosting server then I can reduce the
overall reject levels back down again to just use the rfc and rbl checks.
This server is also a definite candidate for more intelligent from
matching. Punishing address' like [EMAIL PROTECTED] would kill half the
traffic heh.

cheers for the response,

g.