Hi!

I´m using policyd-weight and think it does a great job in rejecting
spam. I would like to do a little more and eat up the spammers
resources by tarpitting them. My system doesn´t have too much traffic
so i simply added "sleep(5);" in policyd-weight´s section "parse and
store results, do some cleanup, return results", right before the two
lines "return($EREJECTMSG.$RHSBLMSG.$RELAYMSG.$DYN_DNS_MSG);". This
should eat 5 secs of the spammers time, right? In /var/log/mail.log i
see "delay 5s" after the reject message (used to be 0-1s before).

Of course that could be improved, by calculating the sleep-time
depending on score, running processes compared to $MAX_PROC, a
config-file configurable $MAX_TARPIT_TIME etc.

Regards
Gregor

--
Partykeller