[Ralph Mecham, if the quotes in the article are accurate, is one of the
most nasty, snide, and petty characters that I've encountered since I began
covering the federal bureaucracy. Shame on him. --Declan]

********

Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 22:39:37 -0700
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Tim Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NYT article re Judge Kozinski and Mecham.

Declan,

There is an article in today's NYT,
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/09/technology/09COUR.html, on the monitoring
of judicial internet use.  It has some amazing and disgusting quotes by
Leonidas Ralph Mecham:
He also said Judge Kozinski had shown "great interest in keeping
pornography available to judges," especially of what Mr. Mecham called "the
more homosexual and exotic varieties."

Pretty amazing stuff that you might want to send out to politech readers
who are following this stuff. I  was so outraged at the quote that I send
Judge Kozinski a personal message of support, even though I don't now him
from Adam.

Thanks,
Tim Bishop, happy politech subscriber.