From: "Xeni Jardin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Declan McCullagh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FW: [SA Daily] Greenberg Blasts Amazon for Intifada.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:36:35 -0700

 >From my alma mater, Silicon Alley Reporter: interesting piece today on
criticism that Amazon.com's is "supporting" the Intifada from Eric
Greenberg (founder of Internet professional service firms Scient and
Viant), who accuses Amazon of becoming part of the "killing machine--one
intent on eradicating the Jewish state and potentially all Jewish people."
Regarding free speech concerns Greenberg says "Amazon is not a publisher,
it's a store. The First Amendment was not intended for stores, it was
intended for the press, and I would ask them what kind of business they
think they are in."

XJ